This blog doesn't require tools to be installed.
Its trivial to write and update content from any computer.
- Everything required to write content or customize the deployment engine is web hosted.
- Content is written in Observable notebooks (e.g. this post, an earlier one or the navbars).
- The deployment toolchain is also hosted in an Observable Notebook (e.g. Netlify deploy).
- Observable is designed for literate programming. Markdown or HTML or roll your own DSL.
The usual Jamstack advantages apply.
- Compiled to static assets deployed to a CDN.
- Exploits Netlify' instant cache invalidation so production updates are fast.
- Scaleable and secure.
This blog engine is Programmable, Open Source and Forkable.
Because the engine is programmed in Observable:
- Content is written within a web hosted IDE. You generate content programatically.
- Content pages, the deployment pipeline are executed in the browser, in cells viewers can look at.
- All pages can be forked and reprogrammed, allow blog developers to customize their blog engine without installing tooling.